Below are full details of today’s programming on East Leeds FM. Just hit the ‘Listen now’ button at the top of the page or tune your radio to 94.6FM.
If you have information about projects, events, stories etc. that are happening in the local community for ELFM to share on the radio, please contact us by…
Phone: 0113 2255 944
Text: 60066 and start your text with ELFM
6:45am–9:45am: Keeping a Distance, Staying Close
Repeated from yesterday
Brass band tunes
10am–1pm: Keeping a Distance, Staying Close
East Leeds FM’s weekday show featuring useful local information, stories, music and more.
Exact times of the features below may vary by several minutes. This programme will be repeated at 1:30pm today and again tomorrow morning at 6:45am.
- 10:15am Cath’s Chat: Margaret Royston, retired teacher from St Theresa’s school in Crossgate
- 10:30am Music in Lockdown: Andrew Fake interviews Paul Kaiserman from the band Moving Air
- 10:45am Wordybirds
- 11:05am Johnny Hall interviews author Anthony McGowan who won the Carnegie Medal award for children/young adult literature earlier this month.
- 11:15am Patches of Land: Mark plans a new rewilding project at his field in Ermington
- 11:20am Living Room Concert: Fuzzy Jones, in celebration of her new EP The Great Pause
- 11:40am Feature: Rachael Unsworth interviews Cath from Cath’s Chat
- 11:55am Community Conversation: Councillor Salma Arif
- 12:00noon Music in Lockdown: Andrew Fake interviews Andy Crowley from London Brass
- 12:20pm Thought of the Day with Linda Sage
- 12:25pm Interview with Tom Foolery, creator of the viral video “The Great Realisation”
- 12:45pm Community Conversation: Tom, Foluke & Julie from Shine Magazine
- 1:15pm Talking to the Wider World: Fran Etherington from the Old Gipton Fire Station
- 1:30pm The Shopping Forecast
- 1:40pm Interview: Black Lives Matter and Black Health Initiative Leeds Fundraiser from Eiger Studios, an interview with Alex Robinson and Jack Simpson
- 1:50pm Leeds City Walking Tours: resident geographer Rachael Unsworth looks at how Leeds might change after the pandemic (part 3)
- 2:00pm American Songbook with host Paul McKendrick
- 2:20pm Wordybirds
Brass band tunes
4pm–9pm: Keeping a Distance, Staying Close
A repeat of this morning’s programme.