Join us on Saturday 11 June at noon to find out about getting involved in Chapel FM Arts Centre’s new story-gathering, festival, radio and performance project HOME FROM HOME
What makes a place a “Home From Home?”
Where are the spaces in our community where people feel they thrive and belong?
How can we learn the art of hosting?
Why aren’t there more great “Home From Home” spaces? And how can we change that?
Stay tuned for details on how you can get involved in the first phase of our new “Home From Home” project and summer Arts & Broadcasting Festival, exploring the power of shared spaces in Seacroft, East Leeds, and the wider world.
We’re going to be gathering stories from places and groups such as:
- community centres
- hair salons and barber shops
- wild and green spaces
- sports groups
- arts organisations
- buses and bus stops
- activist projects
- music venues
- wellbeing activities
- and many other places
to discover the stories about makes these places “Homes From Home.”
You can take part as:
- A story-gatherer – learning how to use broadcasting and oral history skills to help find and collect stories
- A story-contributor – telling us about your favourite home from home places
- A radio-maker – developing skills in making radio shows and podcasts about shared places
- A performer – taking part in the Chapel FM “Home From Home Radio Cabaret” performance coming in December 2022.
If you would like to find out more about Chapel FM’s “Home From Home” project, just fill out the form at the bottom of this page. We’ll be hosting a gathering at Chapel FM on Saturday 11 June at 1pm to share more information about getting involved.