UNION 2019 is in full swing with a cohort of 20 emerging artists and activists from across the north. You can have a look at the original information below and we will be looking to recruit a cohort in 2020…
“Art is travelling without travelling. Art is a language that does not need Western translation. Art is a mini-scale revolution.”
The International Congress of Youth Voices
- Are you at an early stage in your career?
- Determined to make a better world?
- Excited about using creative approaches to achieve social change?
- Looking for direction, opportunities, challenges?
- Want to be part of something—a group to learn with, get support from, new ideas, direction?
Then join UNION.
UNION is a sector-based coaching programme for emerging community artists and social activists across the north of England.
We are recruiting a group of 20 participants for a 12-month programme starting January 2019. The group will take part in training that will be a blended approach of critical thinking and practical learning including:
- Five intensive weekend workshops during the year; all in different locations with differing themes and objectives. You will be introduced to inspirational people and cutting edge work in each location.
- Individual one-to-one coaching sessions for each participant at different points during the year to help you define their own future pathways.
- Recommendations for mentors, opportunities for work placements and training opportunities.
- A virtual workspace to continue learning and communication throughout the year and beyond.
UNION is coordinated by Heads Together Productions and, with support from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the Arts Council of England, we are able to offer this programme for free.
Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions below, if you want more information or clarification, email email@example.com
Deadline for applications has now closed and we have selected the 20 participants for the Course. However do feel free to contact us for any queries of if you would like to register interest for future UNION programmes.