“Art is travelling without travelling. Art is a language that does not need Western translation. Art is a mini-scale revolution.”
The International Congress of Youth Voices
- Are you at an early stage in your career?
- Determined to make a better world?
- Excited about using creative approaches to achieve social change?
- Looking for direction, opportunities, challenges?
- Want to be part of something—a group to learn with, get support from, new ideas, direction?
Then join UNION.
UNION is a sector-based coaching programme for emerging community artists and social activists across the north of England.
We are recruiting a group of 20 participants for a 12-month programme starting January 2019. The group will take part in training that will be a blended approach of critical thinking and practical learning including:
- Five intensive weekend workshops during the year; all in different locations with differing themes and objectives. You will be introduced to inspirational people and cutting edge work in each location.
- Individual one-to-one coaching sessions for each participant at different points during the year to help you define their own future pathways.
- Recommendations for mentors, opportunities for work placements and training opportunities.
- A virtual workspace to continue learning and communication throughout the year and beyond.
UNION is coordinated by Heads Together Productions and, with support from the Paul Hamlyn Foundation and the Arts Council of England, we are able to offer this programme for free.
Have a look at our Frequently Asked Questions below and, if you want more information or are interested in applying—email firstname.lastname@example.org We will be doing a series of informal meetings across the north of England so you will have the chance to come and talk to us.
Deadline for applications: November 18th 2018 (see details at the end of this page)
Course starts: January 12/13th 2019