Our ‘Have A Go’ training sessions are particularly for people who are new to ELFM and haven’t got a lot of experience of making radio programmes. Having said that, they are useful for anyone who is involved in making radio that wants to brush up on their skills. They are the kind of sessions you can keep coming back to.
To kick start the new year we are running our three core sessions in designing a programme, interviewing and lead presenting. The sessions are free and open to anyone!
- Monday 7th January: Designing a Programme—this session starts with your ideas and looks at how to practically construct a radio programme with a narrative and texture so that your listeners will be hooked.
- Monday 4th February: Interviewing—at the heart of much radio is the art of talking with other people, asking questions on behalf of the listener. This session starts by looking at what makes the perfect question (and what makes a rubbish one!) and looks at how to draw out a great conversation from any interviewee.
- Monday 4th March: Lead Presenter—this one is all about your style, your radio voice, how you keep things going in a studio with everything going on all around you; leading a show and working with your studio technician to make the perfect programme.
You are welcome to come to all three sessions or just pick the ones that particularly interest you…
Register your interest
Three sessions on three Monday evenings
- Monday 7th Jan '19: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Monday 4th Feb '19: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Monday 4th Mar '19: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Address for The Chapel:
Phone: 0113 22 55 944
- Support for visual impairments
- Individual Learner Support
- Accessible car-parking
- Wheelchair access
* Other Access Details available on request