“ Chapel FM—it’s a place to try new things and meet people” Lanre, 16
Chapel FM is running another series of creative courses for young people from East Leeds.
The Next Generation courses begins with taster sessions the week of October 21st & half term week, starting officially in November 2019 and running until the end of March 2020. Each course runs one night a week.
You will also have a chance to get a nationally accredited Arts Award qualification if you wish…
- Broadcasting – WEDNESDAYS 5-7pm / 11-18yr old
- Taster sessions Wed 23rd Oct & Wed 30th Oct – 20 weeks
- Take to the airwaves with a range of presenting, interview, technical and DJ skills that will allow you to develop your broadcasting abilities and produce your own shows.
- Music Beginners – WEDNESDAYS 4-5:30pm / 9-13yrs
- Taster session Wed 23rd Oct & Wed 30th Oct – 20 weeks
- A new course for young people who are new to music making and playing. This is a great starting point to find your thing.
- Music – THURSDAYS 5-7pm / 11-18yrs
- Taster session Thur 24th Oct & Thurs 31st Oct – 20 weeks
- For young people who have a basic level of musical understanding and who already play instruments. The course will help you to develop your musical ideas and improve your on-stage skills through making music with new people & performing.
- Theatre – If you’re interested in finding out about Chapel FM Theatre Projects and you are 16 years and older, join us on Thursday, October 17th at 5pm for a discussion about new ideas. For those under 16 years old, we suggest Fall Into Place and Brave Words who are running a Drama Club for 12-16yr olds, at Kentmere Community Centre on Wednesday evenings 4-7pm, during term time.
The only cost is a one-off £30 fee (est: £1.50 per session)
For more information contact ChapelFM on 0113 22 55 944 or fill out the form below…
Register your interest
Each course runs one night a week between 5pm and 7pm / Taster session week beginning Oct 23rd 2019
A one-off payment of £30 for the 5 month course
Address for The Chapel:
Phone: 0113 22 55 944
- Accessible car-parking
- Individual Learner Support
- Support for visual impairments
- Wheelchair access
* Other Access Details available on request