Our ‘Have A Go’ training sessions are particularly for people who are new to ELFM and haven’t got a lot of experience of making radio programmes. Having said that, they are useful for anyone who is involved in making radio that wants to brush up on their skills. They are the kind of sessions you can keep coming back to.
In the lead up to our No Bystanders summer broadcast extravaganza, 29th July to 5th August, we are running our three core sessions with a view to getting some new broadcasters on air during the summer broadcast week. The sessions are free and open to anyone!
- Monday 4th June: Designing a Programme—this session starts with your ideas and looks at how to practically construct a radio programme with a narrative and texture so that your listeners will be hooked.
- Monday 11th June: Interviewing—at the heart of much radio is the art of talking with other people, asking questions on behalf of the listener. This session starts by looking at what makes the perfect question (and what makes a rubbish one!) and looks at how to draw out a great conversation from any interviewee.
- Monday 2nd July: Lead Presenter—this one is all about your style, your radio voice, how you keep things going in a studio with everything going on all around you; leading a show and working with your studio technician to make the perfect programme.
You are welcome to come to all three sessions or just pick the ones that particularly interest you…
Register your interest
Three sessions on three Monday evenings
- Monday 4th Jun '18: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Monday 11th Jun '18: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Monday 2nd Jul '18: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Address for The Chapel:
Phone: 0113 22 55 944
- Accessible car-parking
- Individual Learner Support
- Support for visual impairments
- Wheelchair access
* Other Access Details available on request