On the first Monday of every month we run our ‘Have A Go’ training sessions particularly for people who are new to ELFM and haven’t got a lot of experience of making radio programmes. Having said that they are useful for anyone who is involved in making radio, and they are the kind of sessions you can keep coming back to.
In the first 3 months of 2018 we are running our three core sessions, and will be welcoming some of the writers working on programmes for our Writing on Air festival in mid-March. But the sessions are open to anyone and they are all free.
- January 8th: Designing a Programme—this session starts with your ideas and looks at how to practically construct a radio programme with a narrative and texture so that your listeners will be hooked.
- February 5th: Interviewing—at the heart of much radio is the art of talking with other people, asking questions on behalf of the listener. This session starts by looking at what makes the perfect question (and what makes a rubbish one!) and looks at how to draw out a great conversation from any interviewee.
- March 5th: Lead Presenter—this one is all about your style, your radio voice, how you keep things going in a studio with everything going on all around you; leading a show and working with your studio technician to make the perfect programme.
You are welcome to come to all three sessions or just pick the ones that particularly interest you…
Register your interest
Three sessions on three Monday evenings
- Monday 8th Jan '18: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Monday 5th Feb '18: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
- Monday 5th Mar '18: 7:30pm - 9:30pm
Address for The Chapel:
Phone: 0113 22 55 944
- Support for visual impairments
- Individual Learner Support
- Accessible car-parking
- Wheelchair access
* Other Access Details available on request